Built around 1920 next to the Ansley Golf Club, the building was called The Italian Villa Apartments until World War II, when it was renamed simply The Villa. The building was converted to a condominium in 1979. Renowned Atlanta architect Philip Trammell Shutze is credited with designing The Villa. Shutze modeled the front of The Villa after the entry to the Cortile of the Chiesa di Santa Cecilia in Trastevere in Rome Residence 1 was thoughtfully and historically renovated by combining two properties occupying the front right corner of The Villa providing verdant golf course views from every window. Do not miss this rare opportunity to live in one of Atlanta's most gracious and beloved historical properties.